Monday, July 25, 2011

Okay Monday, You Win

Well today is Monday and that has been made clear to me. It started out innocent enough. Hudson slept through the night and woke up at 7:00. Pretty great way to start off the week. We hung out and I fed him breakfast. I started to think that, yeah I was ready for the week, ready to tackle everything I needed to. I went to pour a bowl of cereal, a brand new box. When I got out the milk I decided I would take a sniff first. I am a little paranoid when it comes to food spoiling. I quickly discovered the milk was sour! I was happy that I least discovered this before I put a heaping spoonful into my mouth. After that things took a turn for the worse. Hudson began fussing and I realized that he was already showing the tell tale signs that he was needing a nap. So I followed the routine and tried to get him down. He refused to go down. I tried all my tricks and no luck. I finally gave up, which I don’t do very often. He started playing with his toys on the floor and I think he was secretly celebrating the fact that he had won the battle. To rub it in he decided to have a major diaper blowout. This had not happened in quite a while and it took me by surprise. It was the kind of diaper that made my mind start racing trying to think what I could have fed him that would result in such a disgusting mess. I know, this probably isn’t the subject matter that you want to read about on your Monday either.

The second attempt at a nap was no better than the first. It is so frustrating to see your little one so tired and they just won’t give in. It is just going to be one of those days. When this little one does finally decide to take a nap, it will feel like a huge accomplishment for me. I figure things will have to get better today, right? Or at least if I can survive Monday I am sure Tuesday will be kinder to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment