Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank Goodness for Yo Gabba Gabba




Do you not know this Yo Gabba Gabba I speak of? I will let you in on my shocking secret: I allow my 14-month old to watch television. I know, I know, the horrors! So lets move past the judgment part where you are thinking I am rotting my kids brain and I will let you in on the magical thing that is Yo Gabba Gabba. This show on Nick Jr. saves me some days. When the opening music starts and my son starts to feel the music and starts his shoulders shaking, I take a deep breath. I know that I have at least five minutes to do anything I want. I can actually load or unload the dishwasher without the help a little munchkin throwing all the silverware on the floor. I can go to the bathroom and not fear what kind of disaster I might come to find a minute later. Yo Gabba Gabba is a completely weird show with DJ Lance and some toys that become real and learn dancey dances. There is something about the show that just draws my son in and captures his full attention at least for a little while. You would realize how incredible this is if you understood that at all other times of the day my little guy is on the move. If he is awake he is getting into everything. That means I am always on the move. So when you have five delicious minutes to yourself, it is AWESOME! Jon has joked that he is going to be DJ Lance for Halloween and just the thought of that makes me want to start laughing. Anyway, if you have a little music lover like I do, you should check this show out.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had Nick Jr! Right now PBS kids does the trick with Dinosaur Train and Super Why. You are so right about just needing a minute to yourself! No judgement here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously going to look up the show times on this, because I get the whole, 5 minutes of bliss now that Ella is on the move ALL of the time.

    ReplyDelete